About Me

The simple life of a foreigner lost in Cape Town... read about what's hot, what's not, where to go and what to do or eat!!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

1989 and Gran Kino




1989, for me... it was the year I became a teen, 13 going on ...well 13 actually...and gosh, if you are a woman, you know what I mean when I say that 13 was... well, a roller-coaster age with Roller Skates on!! (yes, roller blades came in way after that)

1989 was the era to be a teen if you ask me!! MJ was still black, gameboys have just been released,  the very first Batman movie was released on big screen.. We were watching "saved by the bell" and could relate (apart of their pimple free faces so all wanted to be like those kids)

1989 was also the year the Berlin wall demolished and marked the end of the cold war - For me, it meant that my family members could also be reunited...

1989 was the beginning of the end of the apartheid in South Africa AND the year a UFO crashed in the Kalahari desert

1989 was a year filled with many many cool and important events and adventures, and that's is why, I am really loving the Gran Kino new Album "1989".

You can relive within its songs, the events that took place within the same melodies & rhythms that we used to dance to at parties and clubs back in the days when we were young and free! 

So if you were one of the unlucky one to have missed the concert at Alliance Française on Thursday 27th, tough one... I don't know what good reason you could possibly have, but meeting the band was actually really really cool... I wish I had more time to chat to them but as one can imagine, those guys were on a mission (secret spy stuff of course)







This album really rocks my world right now, with one of my favorite song being "Microwaves and Dishwashers" which you can listen to here.. and "I love tennis" - Video here

Short interview with the band to follow soon soon!!! keep you posted and happy listening!!!

 








No comments:

Post a Comment