About Me

The simple life of a foreigner lost in Cape Town... read about what's hot, what's not, where to go and what to do or eat!!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A woman's trick to save a relationship

So today a FB friend, who happens to be my BF friend posted on his FB status:
"I want someone who says I love you every night,and proves it every day"
Of course, my response to him at first was that he needed to stop reading Disney stories and get on with reality! Was I being cynical or just realistic???

Many of us have had up and downs within our relationships, we might have all taken advise from our dear friend Disney back in the days (not past the age of 10 when we realised that the tooth fairy, Santa, nor prince charming ever existed - apart of Santa who actually did!!)? or taken advise from Carrie, Sex and the City girl or our friends or family members (note that the single ones are usually the first to give out good advise, yet they are the ones still single!!??)... But lately, I have been thinking about what is the real problem in relationships... and I actually came up to this : US, THE WOMEN!!

Trouble in Paradise! SOS!

One morning, after ignoring the alarm ringing for what felt like hours in my ears, my most handsome not jumping out of bed to get ready, ended up running around like a crazy person between the kettle, the shower and his cell phone. while I was busy trying to update my FB profile and tweeting about how beautiful day this was, he interrupts me:

- Baby!!? Would you mind doing me a favor?
- Of course my love, I respond immediately
- would you mind ironing my work shirt for me please?

I stop breathing!
I look up to find my handsome standing naked in front of the bed which I am comfortably lying on, holding in his hand a wrinkled white shirt! I quickly regain my senses and realise in despair, that our relationship is indeed in Trouble!

- Excuse me?
- Please baby, I am running so late

Indeed, he is running late, and in fact, his shirt looks like it just came out the shredder, been stamped on by a herd of elephant and chewed by a baboon...but I simply CANNOT iron his shirt!!!
If I iron his shirt today, exceptionally because he is running late, next week, it will turn into "have you ironed my shirt?", next month "Where are my ironed shirts" and next year "Damn woman, You have not yet ironed my shirts!"
In rescue to my relationship I bounce back:

- Why don't you rather come closer for a treat?
- What?
- ....
- Baby I am late, I need a shirt, could you please do it while I finish getting ready?
- Are you implying that my time is less valuable than yours?
- I am not implying anything, I am late and you are not doing anything!
- I AM NOT, not doing ANYTHING!!!
- ....
- Why don't you just wear your shirt like it is, it is really not that bad and it gives it a edgy kind of look!! I am sure you can start a new trend today..
- You are a pain
- Why don't you have your shirts ironed at the dry cleaner?
- All my shirt are at the dry cleaner, ready to be picked up but I did not get a chance to do so last night, so PLEASE, ONCE IN YOUR LIFETIME, will you please IRON a shirt for me?
- Sorry baby, I cannot, else our relationship will suffer 
- OK, in this case, would you then please go pick up my ironed shirt from the dry cleaner, across the road, they are open already.

Indeed, the dry cleaner is across the road, I don't have anything better to do, and his shirt is very wrinkled... but again, I CANNOT go get his shirts for him... if I do now, as a favour, next week, it will be "Won't you please stop by the dry cleaner on your way home", next month "Have you dropped my shirts at the dry cleaner?" and next year "Damn, you still haven't picked my shirts from the dry cleaner???!!" - RELATIONSHIP DISASTER!

To save my couple, I need to bounce back again!

- Do you think I am pretty? I am sure these are new wrinkles around my eyes...
- Babyyyy
- Why don't you come back to bed for a short while... huh ?(with my most sexy voice..)
- BABYYYY I AM LATE
- You don't want me anymore? You don't find me attractive??
-  ..... (while still frantically running around the house semi naked)
- You seeing someone else? There is someone else huh? Oh I see, this is why you want a clean ironed shirt huh? so you can flirt with that slut at the office huh?
- What?
- I cant believe it, I trust you and all ,while you spend your day flirting with those bitches at the office with your nicely ironed shirts!!! UN.be.LIE.va.ble!!!
- You are crazy..
- Oh you deny it???That just means that you are lying!!! admit it!!!
- Ok , how about we forget about the shirts then, and I will just go to work huh?
- Ok then, hush hush, hurry up, you are going to be late baby..

And there we go, not convoluted, simple and healthy : COUPLE SAVED!



2 comments:

  1. are you saying that you create chaos, to hide chaos, to then again create other chaos?
    What I read is that you are admitting that you as a woman, create mess! love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. woahahahahahaha typical! love it

    ReplyDelete