About Me

The simple life of a foreigner lost in Cape Town... read about what's hot, what's not, where to go and what to do or eat!!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The aftermath of the French Film Festival Opening night

If you weren't there... well, you simply weren't there.. what can I say?

 Alba lounge welcomed us for a cocktail party with its beautiful setting - but chilly winds (Then again, what else to expect in Cape Town?)

At least Natalie Becker got it right and came prepared with what she calls a duvet (Made out to a pretty jacket of course)

Editor from Marie Claire magazine also joined in but looked rather bored at the party (lets hope she enjoyed the movie and the rest of the evening before splashing all over the show how boring the French are at a party... or was she the one not mingling?....don't be afraid of the French shower lady!!!

I must admit, I enjoyed the movie "Farewell my Queen". Not entirely what I was expecting but should I have read any review on the movie, I could have had a better idea of the result.. I just stopped at the pretty lady in the picture being somewhat fascinated by the Marie Antoinette story and life.. (Thanks to Kirsten Dunst mainly) So I was expecting yet another fun movie about MA lavish lifestyle with booze, drugs and lots of sex.. Instead, I got an intimate, unflaggingly energetic history as seen from the servants' quarters. Nice twist!!
An interesting love story with real emotions in the last 3 days of the Queen's life..

WORTH A WATCH!!!!

Screening again at cinema nouveau V&A on saturday@8pm

We finished the evening with Film Director/ Producer Ramadan Suleman, who is indeed a fascinating man... The focus on his movie tonight @6pm Zulu love letter with Q&A After the screening!! DONT MISS OUT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment